Aside from our seasonal recommendations Currently Watching! and the personal ones Underrated Dramas, we thought making a list of dramas that for one reason or the other are related to the drama we have chosen as pick of the month was a good idea to help new drama watchers – and seniors undergoing a “jaded period”- to pick their next obsession.
Hello guys! Im back with another list of drama to recommend, this time with dramas like Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henche. I hope you all love it, pick some, watch them, and come back for more.🙂
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henche is a drama based of a Japanese graphic-novel; there is also an anime. It was one of my first Japanese dramas, and the first time I saw Kamenashi acting. If there is any drama to watch with him is this one and Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. I think the two are his best performances so far. The re-watch value of this drama is around an 8 on a scale of 1-10. This drama has a very simple plot, and there is nothing much else holding it together aside from the daily events that the characters experience. The message behind is very strong though, and its what is most important in Yamato.
So here it is, the list of dramas like Yamato… and then some!😀
Please note that we have linked the dramas based on the major elements of Yamato, any other dramas that we might mention are not related to Yamato directly but to the recommended dramas =)
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henche– A romcom based of a manga, with reverse harem elements about four young men that have to transform a gothic, wild girl, into a lady. There is a strong message of learning how to love yourself, and it also deals with parent/child relationships. Its got lots of off the wall humor on the horror side.
Based on manga/ reverse harem
– Skip Beat– check out our first impressions on this drama🙂
– Hana Kimi – this drama was our pick for the month of December 2011, our first pick ever! Check it out here
– Zettai Kareshi
– It Started with a Kiss – and if you like this one, then why not watch the Korean remake? Playful Kiss, and the original drama Itazura na Kiss which is the Japanese version of the manga. Also the sequel to the Taiwanese version, They Kiss Again.
– Goong – We did a whole month on Goong, read all about it here
– GTO – its based of a manga.
– Yankee kun to Megane chan – based of a manga
– You Are Beautiful
– Mei-chan no shitsuji
– Atashinchi no Danshi
– Romantic Princess –it has reverse harem
– Momo Love
– Himitsu no Hanazono
– Hana Yori Dango –consequently you would want to watch all the other versions: Meteor Garden (Taiwanese) and it has a sequel, Meteor Garden 2, and a mini series about the lives of F4 called Meteor Rain; Lets Go Watch Meteor Shower (Chinese), and Lets Go Watch Meteor Shower 2; and Boy Before Flowers (Korean)
Make-over (as in transforming the character inside and out)/Parent/Child relationships
– Take Care of The Young Lady –deals with make-over of character
– GTO – it also deals with paten/child relationships, as well as transformation of character. If you like GTO you will like: Hammer Session, Misaki Number One, Hello My Teacher! (Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy), Gokusen.
– Hana Yori Dango– it also deals with parent/child relationship
– Personal Preference
– My Princess!
– Goong -it also deals with parent/child issues.
– Hotaru no Hikari -the main character is constantly trying to change herself… not always successful. This drama also has a second season, Hotaru no Hikari 2
– Nobuta wo Produce
– The Greatest Love
Off the wall humor/ horror comedy
– Skip Beat
– Hana Kimi (both versions, Japanese and Taiwanese)
– My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
– Smiling Pasta
– Once Upon a Time in Saengchori – Check out our review of this drama🙂. If you like this drama, you will like Harvest Villa.
– Protect The Boss
– Rooftop Prince
Follow our series of recommendations with the next list, “Kisses For Dummies“
This has been a collaboration by The Dramatards🙂